(a) LOCAL AWARDS- Grant funds awarded to local educational agencies under this subpart shall be used for any of the following:
(1) Teacher recruitment and retention, including the use of signing bonuses and other financial incentives.
(2) Teacher professional development, including programs that train teachers to utilize technology to improve teaching and to train special needs teachers.
(3) Educational technology, including software and hardware, as described in part D of title II.
(4) Parental involvement activities.
(5) Activities authorized under the Safe and Drug-Free Schools program under part A of title IV.
(6) Activities authorized under part A of title I.
(7) Activities authorized under title III.
(b) ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS- A State educational agency receiving a grant under this subpart may not use more than 5 percent of the amount of the grant for State administrative costs and to provide technical assistance to eligible local educational agencies.